Mount Mayon Volcano Experience

Finally! It is a dream come true to experience the optimum beauty of the most active volcano aside from Pinatubo I have known since birth (haha). It was in 2016 when my family visited Bicol, primarily because of Caramoan in Camsur (please read my story here). It was fairly a long drive from Camsur to Albay where in Mount Mayon is located, it was approximately 2-hour drive but during that time we have traveled I think 4 hours due to heavy traffic. Nevertheless, all strains and boredom are all worth it, definitely paid off.
Mount Mayon is known to be as I’ve mentioned an active stratovolcano. I remember during my primary level, one of our subjects tackled the history of Mount Mayon in Albay. This mainly the reason why I encompassed Mount Mayon in my Places-to-Visit-In-Ph lists. 



Although it was erupted 40 times since 1616 and the very last report was on 2006, Mount Mayon is still one of the most amazing places in PH that you shouldn’t miss. I hope the second visit will push through, for Kalisha of course, to explore it with us. Aside from its active strato, Mount Mayon is the only Volcano well-known for its perfect symmetric conical shape or known to be a “Perfect Cone” (seems like an ice cream cone).



Although Mayon is an active Volcano, its surrounding landscape was declared to be National Park way back in 1938, it was eventually improved and renamed as the Mayon Volcano Natural Park in 2000. As of 2016 during the time of our visit, Mayon Volcano Park seems precisely improved a lot, the local government of Albay worked hard for this Park to encourage more tourists to come and see not only the Volcano per se but to enjoy the exciting activities in the vicinity. 






Read more here, activities to enjoy in Mount Mayon Nature Park


You May Also Like

0 comments

How do you like my post?
Comment here and make me the happiest ever ♥♥♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...