BAGUIO CITY

City of pines will always be special to me. Not just because of its perfect-cold-zephyr atmosphere that can make my mood turns perk up. It is more special because, that was our first out-of-town travel as a married couple. This is where we had our honeymoon, yeah! as in we we're honeymooners ♥. Something very peculiar and sweet.

Baguio City is 250 kilometers north of Manila, with at least 8 degrees cooler than any place in the lowlands. This is basically the reason why, Baguio has been tagged as the "summer capital of the Philippines". 

 
 We went there January of 2011 (Wedding date: Dec 28, 2010) and we journeyed 4-5 hours of travel by-land. We used private vehicle though, I must admit that it was quiet a tiring travel. We departed from Cavite at 11:00 midnight and it was dawn already when we arrived in Baguio. We we're shaken up because of the roads but we were hunky-dory - safe and sound. Especially when we reached Kennon Road, Oh! God! that place gave me stress quiet a little. But I still thank God, for He let me and hubby experienced it safely.

photo credit to google
Baguio is gifted with variety of cultural, historical as well as scenic attractions which made it one of interesting and tourists spot destinations in the Philippines. We've experienced boating in Burnham Park, took a walk down tour at Session Road, amazed with Mines View Park right from the crest. Spotted the Club John Hay, posed and got hundreds of photos at Botanical Garden, then go straight to The Mansion, took 252 steps going up to Lourdes Grotto and finally we completed our two-day tour in visiting Baguio Cathedral.

Botanical Garden

Burnham Park

Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto

The Mansion


Mines View Park

PS:
I would like to acknowledge my dear friend Tata for making this honeymoon possible.

You May Also Like

0 comments

How do you like my post?
Comment here and make me the happiest ever ♥♥♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...